Friday, January 11, 2013

Losing Faith

I know it is common for people to lose faith in God when they have suffered greatly, and I fully agree that we all need sympathy at times. I know when I am hurting and someone tells me, “Well, it could be worse” or “You have been through worse things, why can’t you get through this,” I tend to get angry with them. I realize that worse things can happen, but it seems at times that I receive too much at once. It is very hard for us to understand why we suffer, or why some people seem to suffer more than others. Only God understands why. What I am sure of, though, is through my suffering and through my pain I have found strength. Furthermore, I look at this strength as a gift, no matter how I had gained it.

“That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Corinthians 12:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment